Expressions of interest for Round 8 of the Stronger Communities grant programme have now closed for the electorate of Hindmarsh.
For assistance with your application please email email@example.com.
For further information read further on this page. You can also download more information HERE.
STRONGER COMMUNITIES PROGRAMME ROUND 8
I am pleased to announce that expressions of interest (EOIs) for Round 8 of the Stronger Communities Programme is now open.
Grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 are available for small capital works projects or capital expenditure projects. Funding is available for up to 100 per cent of your project costs. Eligible projects must deliver social benefits to the broader community.
What you need to know:
The Stronger Communities Programme provides my electorate of Hindmarsh with $150,000 to fund a maximum of 20 small capital projects.
These projects aim to improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant viable communities.
Round 8 also seeks to support communities recovering from the wide-ranging impacts of adverse weather events and current cost of living pressures. For this special round, grant funding will be up to 100% of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50% of eligible project costs.
To be eligible, you must:
- be invited to apply by Mark Butler MP
- operate within the electoral boundaries of Hindmarsh
- have an Australian business number (ABN).
You must also be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
- a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
- a Commonwealth, state or territory government agency or entity that is a fire service, rural fire service, country fire authority, state emergency service or similar.
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property. You will be required to provide relevant trust documents.
Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- fit out, alterations and/or extensions to existing premises e.g., air-conditioning, kitchen upgrades, TVs, furniture, fixtures and fittings, painting
- acquisition and installation of equipment, including ICT hardware and associated operating software and initial user licences.
- upgrades, construction and fit-out of community spaces, e.g., men’s sheds, community centres, scout halls etc.
- development or upgrade of bike paths, streetscapes, skate parks or community gardens
- upgrades of sporting facilities and fields including new scoreboards, spectator seating, goalposts, fit out of change rooms, new canteen, new lights, medical equipment, upgrade drainage and water systems, gymnasiums
- the purchase of musical instruments, sports equipment and uniforms that remain the property of the organisation
- upgrade of facilities to provide inclusive access
- upgrade or installation of park furniture including shade/shelters, BBQs, toilet facilities, drinking fountains
- acquiring equipment for the local State Emergency Service and rural fire brigades
- acquiring vehicles and trailers (and their modification) for community transport/services, surf lifesaving, medical transport.
Projects funded under Round 8 of the Programme will need to be completed by
31 December 2023.
How to Apply: Prior to lodging and EOI we encourage organisations to read the grant opportunity guidelines, and make sure your organisation and project is eligible, then complete the expression of interest form by Wednesday, 8 March 2023.
If your EOI is approved, you will be invited to complete a detailed formal application through an online portal which will be processed by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts.
Amount: Up to $20,000
EOI Close Date: Friday 3 March 2023 COB