Hon Mark Butler MP
Shadow Minister for Climate Change and Energy
Federal Member for Port Adelaide
Applications are invited for the above position to be based in Port Adelaide.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic electorate and campaign advice to the Member;
- Liaise with stakeholders in key electorate and portfolio areas;
- Experience in building, managing, reporting on office budgets and ensuring all expenditure is within Parliamentary entitlements;
- Supervision of electorate staff and HR administration;
- Oversee electorate based functions and meetings;
- Assistance with constituents, drafting correspondence, working with community groups, preparing briefs on local issues, coordinating a volunteer program;
- Capacity to work irregular hours (incl. some weekends) as required; and
- Assist with other duties as required
Applicants should possess the following skills and experience:
- Prior electorate office experience in a similar role is essential
- Prior campaign experience is essential;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team;
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to carry out research and provide advice on complex issues;
- Ability to assist in policy development;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019. Pay will be commensurate with skills and experience, 4 or 5 days per week by negotiation.
An additional allowance will be payable in recognition of, and as compensation for reasonable additional hours outside normal business hours.
A probationary period of 3 months will apply.
Applications setting out details of experience and the names of two referees should be forwarded to Katerina.Mesidis@aph.gov.au by COB Monday, 21 May 2018.