COMMUNICATION, COMMUNITY AND CAMPAIGN OFFICER
(Electorate Officer B)
HON MARK BUTLER MP
Federal Member for Hindmarsh
Minister for Health and Aged Care
Applications are invited for the above full-time position based in Port Adelaide, South Australia.
This role is responsible for executing the Member’s electorate communications and campaign strategy and assist with the media aspects of the Minister’s portfolios.
We are looking for a political thinker, a highly capable writer and someone who is at home in a fast-paced environment. You will exercise sound judgement on both social issues and social media and know what will appeal to different demographics, and how to tailor your writing according to platform and audience. You will be a storyteller, a letter writer, and an ally to progressive causes.
You will be required to make strong relationships across the community, be empathetic, highly capable, and have excellent political nous.
The key duties include:
- Creating engaging social media content, including videos, content, and design.
- Writing, including online and print materials
- Website development and content production
- Assistance with constituents on local issues
- Support for office activities, e.g., staffing community events, etc.
The position would suit a highly motivated person who possesses the following skills and experience:
- Well-developed writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Campaign and community engagement experience
- Digital and social media skills and experience including content creation, desktop video editing, graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite / InDesign) and performance analysis
- Web design and editing
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Strong organisational ability
- Research skills
- Confidence with Mailchimp
- Ability to work as part of a hard-working, professional team, under time constraints and strict deadlines
- Sound political judgement.
- Relevant qualifications in communications, media, or public relations
- Understanding of and passion for Australian politics and public policy
You would be joining a highly motivated team of people who are driven by their Labor values, love what they do, and work very hard.
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2020-2023 which are:
- a commencing salary between of $67,880 - $79,251 (Level EOB)
- an electorate staff allowance in recognition of, and as compensation for reasonable additional hours, and
- an employer contribution of 15.4% superannuation will be payable.
A probationary period of three months will apply. Employment is conditional on the granting of security clearance at the required level.
Applications outlining relevant experience including a CV, Cover Letter, some samples of your digital work and at least two referees should be forwarded to: Sophie.Karastamatis@aph.gov.au
Applications close COB Friday 29 July 2022.
For more information please contact:
08 8241 0190